Hey, Don't Write Yourself Off Yet....

Back in 2011, I turned 52. So, for that year, I intended to really make an effort to do one new thing each week to commemorate that year of turning and being 52.

2011 was a very eventful and memorable year but, I have to admit, I didn't quite have a great adventure each week. However, the effort increased my consciousness of how my life is playing out. With that, I've decided to continue the blog and to keep seeking out new and fun experiences in my life as long as I possibly can.

So, keep checking back now and then I try to find adventures in saying yes to new.


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 16, San Diego With Flat Cami




John and I took Flat Cami down to San Diego with us and made sure we photographed her in front of a few San Diego landmarks.


Cami is my cousin Connie's daughter. Her class (2nd grade I'm quite sure) read the book "Flat Stanley"and made flat versions of themselves to vacation around the globe.



To read more about what this is all about, visit
http://flatterworld.com/ .





Cami just checking out the Star of India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_India_(ship)




Hey Cami, I hear this ship might be haunted, what do you think? http://gothere.com/sandiego/Ghosts/Star_of_India/index.htm

Cami may or may not believe in ghosts but I don't think she like climbing up too high on the masts.


Captain Cami, "Hoist those sails mateys!"




Cami just pondering the possibilities of a cruise in the Pacific -- maybe down to Mexico, up to Alaska, or East to Hawaii or the Orient.




Cami in front of the USS Midway



Flat Cami just relaxing at the front of the boat -- enjoying the sights of the San Diego Harbor.




More Southern California adventures are in store for Our Cousin, Flat Cami!




















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment