Hey, Don't Write Yourself Off Yet....

Back in 2011, I turned 52. So, for that year, I intended to really make an effort to do one new thing each week to commemorate that year of turning and being 52.

2011 was a very eventful and memorable year but, I have to admit, I didn't quite have a great adventure each week. However, the effort increased my consciousness of how my life is playing out. With that, I've decided to continue the blog and to keep seeking out new and fun experiences in my life as long as I possibly can.

So, keep checking back now and then I try to find adventures in saying yes to new.


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 9, An UnBirthday Party

On Sunday, after dinner, we decided to have an "Unbirthday" Party. Some of the grandkids have been watching and reading Alice in Wonderland and, since we have no birthdays between Carter's in December and William's in March (and we happened to have a large cake left over from Ward Conference), we decided this would be a fun idea.
We started by singing "Happy Unbirthday" but it sounded pretty bad. I've never even seen the Disney version of the cartoon so didn't even know how it was supposed to sound -- but, really, that wouldn't have mattered anyway. (If you've heard me sing, you know what I'm talkin' about.)
The fun part is that every kid around the table got to blow out candles. (I buy them in bulk at Smart & Final. They come in 500 packs there so you can birthday or unbirthday party all you want!)
Asher asked to have his picture taken and then did this pose up all by himself and then smiled when he saw the results.
(He must know how doggone cute he is!)
And, sweet Carter just loved being able to dig in to a nice big piece of chocolate cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment