Hey, Don't Write Yourself Off Yet....

Back in 2011, I turned 52. So, for that year, I intended to really make an effort to do one new thing each week to commemorate that year of turning and being 52.

2011 was a very eventful and memorable year but, I have to admit, I didn't quite have a great adventure each week. However, the effort increased my consciousness of how my life is playing out. With that, I've decided to continue the blog and to keep seeking out new and fun experiences in my life as long as I possibly can.

So, keep checking back now and then I try to find adventures in saying yes to new.


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 8 An Evening at Tom's Farms

On Saturday evening, we met Heidi and Ned & their two kids, Ella and Asher as well as April & Wes along with Baby Peyton for an evening at Tom's Farms down off the Temescal Canyon exit of the 15 Freeway. Because its winter, there weren't too many other people there. There were a few Harley riders just leaving when we got there around 6:00. (I understand that this is a popular stopping place for the "Wild Hogs" type of biker....older professional types -- not Hell's Angels!)

We started our night by ordering a few pizzas.
While they were cooking, we walked on over to the produce stand and picked up some apples, pears, squash, jicama and bananas for the coming days.

Me, Ella and John


After Shopping, we had our choice of any of the numerous tables out by the fountain and pool where we relaxed and enjoyed some absolutely delicious pizza and great company.Heidi and Asher making a "toast to happiness"!

Ella enjoying her orange cream soda.

Easy going Peyton just enjoying being out and about with her admirers.

Ella and Asher on the Carousel

Wes and April and their very large pizza

Ned and his bottle of chocolate pop...he liked it till he got to the dregs at the bottom.

I was really glad we got invited to join the kids out at Tom's Farms for the evening. We've never been there before but had one of the most relaxing nights out we've had in a long time. The pizza was great and, in addition to the produce, brought home some great gourmet cheeses as well. Now I'm thinking we'll have to rally on out for a nice evening with our biker friends when the weather gets a little bit warmer. We're definitely going back.

http://shop.tomsfarms.com/

1 comment:

  1. Love Tom's farms. And Gary and I have been to the Gless orange orchard in Riverside. How fun to see you guys there. The grandbabies are getting so big.

    ReplyDelete