Hey, Don't Write Yourself Off Yet....

Back in 2011, I turned 52. So, for that year, I intended to really make an effort to do one new thing each week to commemorate that year of turning and being 52.

2011 was a very eventful and memorable year but, I have to admit, I didn't quite have a great adventure each week. However, the effort increased my consciousness of how my life is playing out. With that, I've decided to continue the blog and to keep seeking out new and fun experiences in my life as long as I possibly can.

So, keep checking back now and then I try to find adventures in saying yes to new.


Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 11, A Hockey Game

Ontario Reign Hockey


One of the last times I went ice skating, I broke my tailbone (yea, falling again) and couldn't run -- or slouch -- for a year. So, I'm not so free form on the ice any longer. I did try outside ice skating at the Riverside Festival of Lights a couple of years ago and stayed upright the entire session.


But watching other people who know how to combine skating, hitting a puck with sticks and, best of all, fighting -- all while on slippery ice -- now that's worth the price of admission! But, one of the nice things about my new job is that we place ads with the Citizen's Bank Arena and with The Reign so our company gets tickets every once in a while for the employees to use.
Last week on Wednesday night, after a long day at work, it was a fun mid-week break to kick the old routine and go on up to the arena and watch a fun hockey game with John, Hayley and Ryan. Our seats were on the third row just a bit off the center of the ice. The Reign beat the team from Idaho, we enjoyed popcorn and pop and had a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment