Hey, Don't Write Yourself Off Yet....

Back in 2011, I turned 52. So, for that year, I intended to really make an effort to do one new thing each week to commemorate that year of turning and being 52.

2011 was a very eventful and memorable year but, I have to admit, I didn't quite have a great adventure each week. However, the effort increased my consciousness of how my life is playing out. With that, I've decided to continue the blog and to keep seeking out new and fun experiences in my life as long as I possibly can.

So, keep checking back now and then I try to find adventures in saying yes to new.


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 7 -- Gussyin' Up Our Garden Gnomes

Our poor little garden gnomes have seen better days.
They've been taking a beating form the heat, wind and rain for years.So, we brought them in, cleaned them up and started sprucing up their paint.
I left the paints out on a Sunday afternoon and when the kids came over, most of them picked up a brush and gave a gnome a new coat of paint with maybe some polka dots, stripes or checks.

The gnomes are much happier now in their bright new colors.Come on Spring; we're ready for you now!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you repaired your gnomes...of course that is why you want to see Gnomeo and Juliet...ha ha ha...oh mom that's why we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your gnomes are cute but actually I am more impressed with your paint collection.... what else do you paint? Can I come and paint too? It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine, if only you knew my dad. He has a collection of pretty much everything you may or may not ever need.

    ReplyDelete