Hey, Don't Write Yourself Off Yet....

Back in 2011, I turned 52. So, for that year, I intended to really make an effort to do one new thing each week to commemorate that year of turning and being 52.

2011 was a very eventful and memorable year but, I have to admit, I didn't quite have a great adventure each week. However, the effort increased my consciousness of how my life is playing out. With that, I've decided to continue the blog and to keep seeking out new and fun experiences in my life as long as I possibly can.

So, keep checking back now and then I try to find adventures in saying yes to new.


Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 23, Painting an Old Bench

I was still tired from running that half marathon last week, so last week's "new thing" was just renovating an old bench. It had been sitting in the middle of my front flower garden getting sprinkled every day and it was either the trash or the paint brush.



Before


After




It's not much of an ambitious project and


I still may take some dark finish to it for an antique look.


But, for now, it looks better and,


after my recent physical challenges,


I have nice place to sit and relax and just read!

No comments:

Post a Comment